-

Forums

Forum Home > Sturgeon Spearing > Spearing 2014

Brian(aka: Bonehead)

Well the scouting for this year has begun.  Today was actually my 4th time out for the year.  The best part my 5 year old boy, Bryce, has made it out with me 3 of those times.  He is by no means a newbie to ice fishing so at times it is hard to explain to him why we aren't fishing harder but when we have sturgeon sightings it becomes clearer to him.  Today was a fun day.  We were all over today checking clarity, ice, looking for worms, and of course recording.  Cowboy and I each had our boys with us and I believe they are going to have the same addictions as us in a few years.  They are just as eager as us every hole we check for worms, excited to watch the videos when we get home.  Enjoy the great ice we have this year!!!

January 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Popeye

Have been out as well this season. Cant wait for the upcoming weeks. Looks good so far but alot of time left. Good luck searching!

January 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sevenstriper

:D

whats in the chum bag?  :roll:

January 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Welcome  sevenstriper...We have tried almost every scent and catfish type bait available, but nothing is consistant. The number of videos is almost soley related to the HUNDREDS of hours we are on the ice scouting.

February 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Our most consistant decoys can be seen when you go thru the past years videos. We don't have anything better than anyone else. I just think the vast time that our guys are on the ice allows us to get the videos we do.

February 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sevenstriper

Thanks for the reply steve! I really enjoy your videos. I have seen many sturgeon threw the ice myself. I really never tried the scents, like you said i do not believe there is one coy better then the other.  Best of luck this year.  throw straight and drink beer.

February 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cowboy
Site Owner

Good luck Sevenstriper!!

--

Jason "Cowboy" Loker

February 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

THE MOLE

How many sturgeon do you guys see scouting?

February 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The number of sturgeon we see scouting is different every year.  Good luck to everyone spearing this year and remember too enjoy all the moments doing it and to enjoy the time spent with the group.  Remember, it is just a fish, albeit one that gives lots of joy when harvested.  Also remember to respect your fellow fisherman.  We all have the same goal.....  It is a BIG lake and just because you are on a spot doesn't mean the guy next to you hasn't speared there for years.  Enjoy God's great gift!!!!!

February 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sevenstriper

well said  BONEHEAD

February 7, 2014 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

What a great day on the pond.  All the hard work paid off.  Thanks again straw head for everything you do.  Thanks to all YOUR hard work we had a sucessful day!!!

February 8, 2014 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

What a GREAT season we had this year.  In the family the only tag we have left is my wife's and I think she is done.  A big thanks goes out to strawhead for putting us on fish.  You truly put a lot of effort into everything we do.  Glad you were able to connect today Dad.  Our entire family is lucky to have a man like you putting in so much effort and time trying to ensure us success in everything we do and also instilling in us the special importance in a great father/son relationship.  Already can't wait for the hunt to begin next winter.  Enjoy your time off for the next month until the fishing season and starts and is followed by the plotting season.

February 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.