-

Forums

Forum Home > Whitetail Hunting > 2014 bowhunting & scouting.

Videotaker

The season is off to a very slow start where I do my videoing. The weather is way too warm & there is quite a bit of corn in our area. I have been out about 4-5 times & have not seen a buck. The weather has to get cooler & a frost would help the mosquito population downsize. I hope all is well with you Steve & Jason. It seems like forever since spearing ended & now here we are into bow season. The summer flew by. Good luck hunting & be safe. Mike

September 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cowboy
Site Owner

Mike,

Great hearing from you! We had some nice weather for the first couple of weekends, but the warm weather we are experiencing now definitely isn't anything that I was hoping for!! I was able to get some decent video of a 15" 6pt (no browtines) that I will have up on the site in the coming days. Hope all is going well with you and good luck in the coming future!!

--

Jason "Cowboy" Loker

September 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Videotaker

Cowboy at September 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Mike,

Great hearing from you! We had some nice weather for the first couple of weekends, but the warm weather we are experiencing now definitely isn't anything that I was hoping for!! I was able to get some decent video of a 15" 6pt (no browtines) that I will have up on the site in the coming days. Hope all is going well with you and good luck in the coming future!!

Jason, Good to hear from you as well. Looking forward to seeing your footage of that buck. I was out this morning figuring the deer would be moving after the front had passed through & cooler temps. I guess they were still sleeping. I never saw a deer, but it was just nice being out with cooler temps.

--

Videotaker

September 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Hello Videotaker.........We have really low deer numbers up here. This is a pic of the one Jason is talking about. I am up here full time now thru the end of muzzle season. Looking forward to sturgeon spearing. have a couple of new mini dvrs to try out . Good luck deer hunting.

Jason will help with pic. I'm having trouble.

October 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cowboy
Site Owner

Video,

Here is a pic of the buck we are talking about.

Archery Buck photo 10-3-14PumpkinFinger1_zpsc44a65a4.jpg

--

Jason "Cowboy" Loker

October 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cowboy
Site Owner

Videotaker at September 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM

The season is off to a very slow start where I do my videoing. The weather is way too warm & there is quite a bit of corn in our area. I have been out about 4-5 times & have not seen a buck. The weather has to get cooler & a frost would help the mosquito population downsize. I hope all is well with you Steve & Jason. It seems like forever since spearing ended & now here we are into bow season. The summer flew by. Good luck hunting & be safe. Mike

Vid-

I was lucky enough to get an arrow in the decent 6 I posted the picture of earlier. Good luck to you the rest of the season!

--

Jason "Cowboy" Loker

October 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Dick

Here are some of the bucks that we have frequenting one of our camera traps!

November 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Videotaker

Now that's a really nice buck. I'd like to see that up close. This wind is horrendouse today. I didn't get out today but plan on going tomorrow. I had last minute outdoor stuff at home & by my Mom to take care of. I wish you all the luck hunting & of course sturgeon spearing. I can't believe how fast the time goes by.Keep me posted when you get that big buck. Have fun and be safe Steve & Jason. 

--

Videotaker

November 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

It's very slow up here for me. We have hardly anything going on around the food plots. The bucks on public are there one day, not to be seen for  couple days or more later.

November 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Dick... thanks for sharing the pictures. You've got some awfully nice bucks there.

November 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.