-

Forums

Forum Home > Sturgeon Spearing > 2016 scouting

Popeye
Well another year is here and time to start scouting. Heading out this weekend. Will let you know what it looks like.
January 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

I was out this past weekend myself. It will take a lot more searching, but we won't throw in the towel. So far we haven't found anything better than being able to see 5'. We will keep on searching for some clearer water.

January 25, 2016 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Popeye
Report from the weekend, clarity is poor most spots were around 2-3 ft best for me being 4 ft and that was a fuzzy 4 ft. Got to keep searching. Good luck to all
January 26, 2016 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Videotaker

Popeye at January 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM

Well another year is here and time to start scouting. Heading out this weekend. Will let you know what it looks like.

I was out checking water clarity this past week-end. The spots I checked were about the same as you found. 3-4 ft white disc gone at 4 ft. Murky all the way. I put a camera down & drilled another hole 4ft away. I put a white coffee cup down that hole & couldn't see it on camera. I drilled another hole 2 ft away & I could barely see the white cup. Not good. I thought maybe the dirty water might be suspended & then be clear on the bottom but it was the same all the way down. I have not heard of anyone finding clear water yet. If it is algae & not run off it may clear up if the lake stays covered with snow. I will keep checking in the upcoming weeks to see if it's getting any better. I have seen it clear up in the past but this is really some bad looking water. Hopefully we'll get some improvement.

--

Videotaker

January 27, 2016 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Popeye
Member in our group checked several spots clarity is getting better just don't know if its enough. 8 to 10 ft
February 7, 2016 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

GOOD LUCK EVEYONE!!!!!     STAY SAFE!!!!  Bonehead did some scouting last weekend. Don't know where we will be cutting in yet. Clarity is our biggest decision.

February 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.