-

Forums

Forum Home > Whitetail Hunting > 2013 Bowhunting

Videotaker

I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same problem we're having bow hunting. We've had cameras out for about 3 weeks now & hardly no buck sightings. Last year we had all kinds of bucks on camera by now & this year only a couple. The deer on camera are pretty skinny also. I can see the ribs on a lot of them. There is no corn in the immediate area this year just soy beans. I was thinking the deer don't have the corn for cover but they like soy beans. If it was an issue with being too warm, I would think we'd still get night time pics, but we aren't. My thinking on the skinny deer is that we had a long winter & it took a long time for farmers to get their crops in. That along with the stress of carrying fawns & not much food this is why they are skinnier. Anyone agree, disagree, or have any theories as to why the low buck sightings & skinny deer. I'd be interested to hear some other points of view.

September 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

We are having many of the same things going on in the northwoods.

September 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

As of couple days ago we still had 3 small bucks in velvet.

September 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Other than the long winter our other variables are pretty much the same. I think our mature bucks are very susceptible to wolf depredation.

September 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.